Saturday, August 30, 2008

[8-30-08] ICE, day 4

[11:33am]
     Finally! The final day of ICE! Of course, I just found out that they are starting it at 8:00pm. We started around 5 yesterday, so I was hoping to keep moving the chemo up in time... guess I got my hopes up.
     Anyhow, I got to meet Dr. Wexler today, so I asked her about the mysterious "maximum dose" of Ifosfamide question. Her response was that Dr. Irwin probably wrote out the first order, and Dr. Cecchi wrote the second. She continued that Dr. Irwin probably was working off of some maximum dosage per body weight, while Dr. Cecchi was using the standard surface area. Nevertheless, I don't like dose reductions. It's good I'm getting the full dose now.

     It feels like my appetite is coming back... maybe it was a rough third day. I anticipate not having to beg for as much Ativan today :P Nevertheless, I am quite tired -- I think I'll go back to sleep and sleep the day away.

[7:54pm]
     I did spend most of the day sleeping. That is, until my back started hurting. So I asked for some Vicodin and slept some more :P It was a good strategy.

     Still, the parts of my day where I was awake was quite uneventful... In other words, boooorrrinnng.
I did manage to start playing Final Fantasy IV on the DS -- TJ may have been right to recommend this. A fresh spin on a classic game.

     Today I checked the neutrophil and WBC counts and did the formula outlined in the previous post. Although my WBC went up by 0.2, my neutrophils dropped my 20% -- so my new Neutropenia number is 588. Going down...
Once I get under 500, I'm in the major leagues :P

1 comment:

Veronica said...

Sleep well, Austin.........here's to your release tomorrow - and don't let the change in dose bug you.......Vx