Sunday, August 3, 2008

[8-03-08] Discharge

[10:54am]
     Today is freedom day -- back into the real world!
My doctor says she'll be around in the late afternoon, then I'll be released. Also, I told her about my plan to be back for more ICE in two weeks... She warned me about the difficulty, that the nadir (blood cells at lowest due to chemo) was about 14 days, but agreed to let me try. So, she's going to give me a shot of Neupogen before I get discharged -- going to give those white blood cells a boost!
     I'm not necessarily looking forward to another ICE treatment, though. But, anyhow, this part should be over soon, and I really can't wait to get on with the treatment... despite anything. See the contradiction? Anyhow, two weeks is a heckova lot sooner than three. If you calculate it out, it means the difference between transplant in 2 months, or a transplant in 3 months.

[11:30am]
     Well that was odd... This morning, while I was trying to reach into the closet without dislodging all those tubes, it felt like I sprained my back. Or more like a back cramp -- probably due to lying in bed too much. Anyhow, the nurse came by and said, as usual, "are you feeling any pain?"
     "Well actually... a bit", I said and told her about it.
I told her that I'm sure it would go away. But nevertheless, she kept coming back every 10 minutes or to see if it got any better. It didn't, so she went and got me some tylenol. The pattern continued, and the next nurse basically talked me into getting something stronger... "No sense sitting here in pain," he said.
     He came back with some morphine and anti-inflammatory. I guess they don't mess around here! Funny enough, the back still hurts. I'm just a bit more cheerful about it. :P

[12:00pm]
Hate to say it, but nausea's tough today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, get your kicks whenever you can! I have some friends who want to send you cards, what is your address to send them?

Love you!

Mom