Thursday, August 21, 2008

[8-21-08] Vacation

[11:47am]
     My appointment for the super important pet-CT scan is scheduled for Monday, the 25th. The following day, I will meet with an oncologist in Berkeley (mine remains on vacation) to discuss the next step. Will I have 2 more ICE treatments? Can I use the salvage ICE for apheresis, instead of waiting longer and using Cytoxan? When will Stanford begin their part? Hopefully, all these questions will be answered by then.

     Until then, I am on vacation. School is far away from here; treatment is far away from here. Until the 25th, there's not much I can fret about... or reason to do so. It's not just the distance -- it really feels as if the whole "cancer" thing is further from my mind, here. Plus, there's the whole "don't sweat the small stuff" feeling that arises when there's a diagnosis of this magnitude. So, basically, here I am, without a worry in the world... for the next 4 days. Until then: it's vacation.

     After the 25th? Who knows? Treatment could pick up pace (which I hope), or I could have yet more time to burn. Regardless, I'm not counting the month or so in Stanford in my vacation category -- that's probably not going to be a picnic.

     My current plan? To have a good time, of course. Tentatively, that also includes a new video game every day. :) Yesterday was Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution -- a pretty fun game where you strategically build and develop a civilization from scratch. Today is a game called Condemned -- I haven't yet played it, but it looks like some sort of horror/sci-fi adventure. Looks fun.

[5:49pm]
     I've been spending the day help Dan install a new bathtub. It's a lot of work, and I do get more tired easily, but it is nice to know that I'm still capable, ya know? Those hemoglobins aren't going to stay high forever.

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Glad to hear you're kicking back....enjoy.........Vx

Adva Ahava said...

Yay! Enjoy your vacation! <3