Sunday, August 3, 2008

[8-03-08] Home Sweet Home

[10:13pm]
     It's good to be home. Next time, however, I'll show the foresight to clean before I go get ICE. I've got a full day of stuff to do tomorrow:

1> Work out withdrawal from UC Berkeley
2> Schedule Appointment. with DR. Wexler
3> Get all these prescriptions filled
4> Finish Term Paper before Tuesday.
5> Find out how to solve insurance dilemma (see 1)

By the way, I just got a hand made quilt from Liz's mom. It's totally beautiful, and totally thoughtful. When she was going through chemo, her best friend made her a quilt. Now I have one of my own, and it even sports rustic colors :P No more lame hospital blankets! Thanks so much!

Ok, back tzzzzzzzz.

[2:46am]
     For the summer, due to all the students returning home, a lot of Irish, for some reason, like to move into the dorms and halls of UC Berkeley. Overnight it turns into some sort of party school, with people chanting Irish jigs in the streets. It was fun when I got the bad news, to drop everything and go partying with them. Now, I just want some sleep... and they keep waking me up
with belligerent noises. Bah.

Been thinking about my schedule... [Edited, thanks Liz!]
8-13 to 8-17 In-Patient Chemo
8-27 to 8-31 In-Patient Chemo * Optional
9-10 to 9-14 In-Patient Chemo * Optional
9-28 to 10-28 Stanford BMT Program

If we time it juuuust right, we can make it so that my re-birthday (day at which stem cells are returned) coincides actually with my actual birthday! As far as I know, one can expect 5-12 days before stem cells are returned. Factoring a slight delay before Stanford, and we're set! That'd be sweet! Then I could choose between, say, 2 candles on the cake, or 29.

9 comments:

Liz said...

Hey, actually you're counting 4 more chemo cycles when there's only 3. So the Stanford month would be 9/28 to 10/28. The re-birthday timing thing might work out perfectly!

Austin said...

Right on!

The entry has been edited, and the dates have been changed. We...just...might...do...it.

Heheh, there's *no way* I'm eating cake on that day, though.

Liz said...

No worries, I'll make you the birthday dessert of your choice (lemon meringue pie?) whenever you want. :)

Austin said...

Mmmmm... If all else fails, just throw the lemon meringue in the IV -- my soul will taste it. :P

Oleswife said...

Or lots of bacon?

Austin said...

mmmmm.... baaaaaacon.

Adva Ahava said...

You should definitely have your re-birthday on your actual birthday :-)

Anonymous said...

Hopefully I will be there for that!
Mom

Austin said...

Yup yup yup!