Saturday, August 2, 2008

[8-02-08] Routine

[12:41pm]
     I've begun to adjust to the little patterns around this place, note the routine, and adapt to it.

0500 - 8 Hour Hyrdation Added to ICE
0600 - Weight taken, "Hold on, lemme get dressed."
0610 - Blood Drawn for Labwork
0620 - Vital Signs
0700 - New nurse introduces himself/herself
0800 - Breakfast! OM NOM NOM NOM
1100 - Bed made, room cleaned. Breakfast tray taken
1200 - Vitals
1300 - More hydration: chemo ETA: 2 hours
1310 - Lunch!
1500 - Premeds added: Emend, Zolfran, Ativan
1600 - Cisplatin Chemo (over 1 hour)
1745 - More Hydration: 2 hours
1810 - Mesna (Protects bladder from ifosfomide)
1850 - Ifosfomide (max dose)
1900 - Dinner?
2000 - Etoposide
2200 - Mesna

     One would think that sleeping through all of this would be tough, especially for me -- who sleeps very lightly. I just wake up, do whatever's needed, then get back to sleep. Routine, routine, routine -- in a way I kinda like it.

Watching: Monty Python's Flying Circus

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Austin, I'm all caught up on your blog now. You are one sick puppy.. and I'm not talking about cancer ... hahahaha. I find it amazing how you are talking about being so hungry while going through the chemo. Man... that emend stuff must be awesome.
It's funny about the "no evidence of disease"... I was just talking to my surgeon about that and he said "you'll get used to the NED". I had no idea what that meant so had to ask. I guess with cancer they never really consider you cured. It's just NED. We'll take what we can though, right?
Sleep is good. My worst days were always the day of chemo and the day after. If I didn't have so much to do, I think I could easily have slept all day long.
You deserve to sleep as much as you can while in the hospital. It's hard enough staying on top of everything and taking care of yourself when you are home so ... take advantage of as much care and pampering as you can.
Love
Tante Theresa

Anonymous said...

Dude, if you're watching Monty Python, look up the "Confuse-a-cat" skit.

Dad and I think it's one of their best.

And I don't know if you've seen or heard of "Invader Zim", but you should look it up. It's pretty funny.

-TJ

Skymist said...

I love Monty Python and have to watch it all the way through every few years. Everyone has special favorites, some of mine I looked up are:
Ep. 3, Restaurant sketch.
Ep 5, Confuse a Cat.
Ep. 6, Crunchy Frog
Ep. 8, Dead Parrot
Ep. 10 Vocational Guidance Counselor and Ron Obvious
Ep. 12, Mr. Hilter and Upper Class Twit of the Year
Season 2
Ep. 1 Silly Walks
Ep. 2 The Spanish Inquisition and Court Charades
Ep. 3 The Poet McTeagle and Deja Vu
Ep. 4 (all of it) An Apology
Ep. 8 Mrs. Thing and Mrs. Entity
Ep. 12 Spam
Ep. 13 All of it (Royal Episode)
Season 3
Ep. 1 Mrs Premise and Mrs Conclusion. Actually, the entirety of Ep. 1 (Njorl's Saga)
Ep. 7 The Cheese Shop

Austin said...

Well, if you notice, I put a question mark around Dinner :P Nevertheless, the nausea goes away, and I find myself hungry.

Yup, I'm definitely cashing in on those sleep hours.

I'll check out those Monty episodes -- thanks!

Olus Jay said...

OM NOM NOM NOM...

Is that a reference to Cookie Monster??

- Ole

Austin said...

Bingo! Olus Jay gets a shiny nickel!

(BTW, that was a reference to the real cookie monster, not the PC "vegetable monster")
**shudder**

Oleswife said...

I like the Dead Parrot episode of Monty Python! Dad says the Fish Slapping Dance and Four Yorkshire Men are also must sees (is that grammatically correct?)

Austin said...

Right on!

I'll have to watch all of em.

Adva Ahava said...

At least you have Monty Python. And I know you're still you because you like the routine. <3