Saturday, August 23, 2008

[8-23-08] Blogging Strategy.

[5:55am]
     I can't seem to get back to sleep, so here I am.

     First off, I was thinking about the nature of this blog. If you'll notice, the frequency of my posts has shifted from once (or more) daily to once every two days. Frankly, it's because I really haven't had all that much to talk about, especially regarding the Hodge. So, because the point of all this is to document my journey (fight, struggle, whatever...) with Hodgkin's Disease, I have to keep my entries somewhat focused. In other words, I can't post continually about what I ate that day (meat!), how much beer I drank (lots!), and what video games I played (Condemned, totally fun BTW). It's usually got to be about this whole disease, what I'm doing to fight it, how it effects me and those around me, and my thoughts regarding the whole thing in general.

     The other thing to consider, however, is what happens if I have large gaps of time with nothing to say or report regarding cancer? Probably unlikely, as it is such a huge part of my life now. But nevertheless, for the sake of consistency, this blog needs to be updated regularly.

     So, I have a simple strategy:
     Always post at least once every two days.

     That way, if I don't have much interesting/relevant to say, it is minimized. At the same time, the blog maintains consistency. I think this reveals a bit of my quirky side: to write a blog entry about writing blog entries, and detailing a strategy. Yes, I'm weird.

Nevertheless, I actually did have something to say this morning. But this entry got me side-tracked. So I'll make a new post for it.

2 comments:

Adva Ahava said...

I don't think there's anything wrong with writing about things besides cancer - you're living an entire life, after all, and it's good that cancer isn't the only thing in it. I like the "every two days" strategy though. That's my goal with my (locked) blog.

Oleswife said...

I agree! I love reading everything you write.