Tuesday, August 26, 2008

[8-26-08] Scan Results!

[8:12pm]
     Sorry about the late post -- we just now returned from Berkeley. It's a 1.5 hour drive, but we stopped at several places to go shopping. It was nice to treat myself further :P

     Anyhow, onto the results! The doctor seemed to think that the scan results were quite good. The tumor size itself decreased by about 10%, but what really matters -- apparently -- is the metabolism, which decreased from a 5 to a 2.
     This more than justifies that I am responsive to ICE, and thus makes me eligible for a BMT! Woohoo! Anyhow, the plan is to try two more ICE treatments. Also, we need to further coordinate with Stanford to make sure the apheresis goes well.

     Ok, gotta celebrate my last day of freedom -- headed back to the hospital for more ICE tomorrow. I'll post much more tomorrow.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

Yeah Austin, that's great news!

I have started to write in here several times before but never finished cause I'd have to SIGN IN. Finally did it tonight --- because this is definitely the time to say

WOOOOOHOOOOOO AUSTIN!!!

Most of your posts have made me smile -- and many of them made me LAUGH OUT LOUD (no, I'm not a fan of abbreviations). Many have brought me down memory lane -- memories that thankfully fade into the background once you can start concentrating on living your life once again.

But mostly, I have delighted in your sense of wonder at every turn, no matter how unpleasant. You are one cool dude, Nephew!

Love,

Tante Laurie

Anonymous said...

Shopping, eh? You wouldn't have happened to wander into a GameStop by any chance? I'm sure you already know what I think you should get.

Oh well, Kudos to you for the ICE thing!

-TJ

Veronica said...

Fantastic news, Austin...........so glad there's been a clear response to ICE.

Now - go get more poison to continue the job at hand.........Vx