Thursday, October 23, 2008

[10-23-08] Mariska!

[10:43pm]
     I got a new niece! Mariska was born today in the early afternoon, and everyone is fine and happy. I haven't seen her yet, but I plan to get a ride down to Santa Cruz for a day visit on Friday -- to hell with the 20 mile radius, I feel quite nominal.

     As for me, well I've just been playing my video games... I'm trying to waste as much time as possible -- I can't wait to get this started! It's like when you're a kid and you're waiting for Christmas... a valid strategy is to sleep excessively :P

     To bad I can't sleep to well. It's funny: most people look at their alarm clock with a sense of dread in the morning. I do as well, but in a way that is totally different than you'd expect. One typically says, "Oh man, it's almost 7:00am -- I only have ten more minutes of sleep." I, on the other hand, say, "Oh man, it's almost 7:00am -- last time I was awake was at 6:40am.. it's only been 10 minutes, so little time has passed."

     Oh well. It's mostly the mattress, I think. Perhaps I should score a Tempurpedic. But those hospital beds were darn comfortable... I wonder how I'll sleep there... So much anticipation!

2 comments:

Veronica said...

Woo Hoo - congrats Uncle A......Vx

Liz said...

Cool! Tell Jen I said congratulations. :)