Monday, October 13, 2008

[10-13-08] Eek!

[1:34pm]
     Eek! How'd I manage to miss my 10-11-08 post? Sorry about that! It's hard to maintain routine when you're away from home. And I've been away from home...

     I just got back a few hours ago. First, I spent the weekend with Liz in Berkeley, then a day at my sister's house.

     Sometime last Thursday I realized two things: 1: I have enough energy to do things again! Including driving my motorcycle to Berkeley. And 2: The energy probably wont last, so I better take advantage of it.
     So, I drove to Berkeley and had a blast! Liz and I watched a few movies, ate some good food, had some good conversations, and rented a house! Yes, a *whole* house! It's a small house, of course, but total luxury for someone like me who is used to a 12'x12' dorm room. I even get an office and my own bathroom! :P Liz will move-in about a month before I do, since I'll probably be in Stanford until about Dec. 12th.
     Then I'll move-in, get settled, and return to school yet again! Here's to being a productive member of society!

     Speaking of which... time to slack off some more! I have my birthday in two days, then on the 17th I will return to Stanford for my pre-BMT appointment! Treatment starts on the 21st. Plus, my mom shows up on the 15th (from Kentucky)... so a lot of stuff is coming up!

     I'm looking forward to more chemo. I mean, I've got millions of little hairs on my head now -- that's not cool! Now is not the time for cellular springtime -- it is Winter!

4 comments:

Veronica said...

HEy congrats on your new home - sounds cosy :p Something to look forward to at the end of all 'this'..........enjoy your busy week, birthday boy, but don't slack for too long - some of us are keeping up to date with your progress!..............Vx

Oleswife said...

What can we do without our daily dose of Austin??? Life just seems a little emptier...is that a word? More empty? Anyway I am starting to pack and look forward to seeing everyone!

Veronica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY :)............Vx

Unknown said...

Thats right! Your birthday is coming up. If you are up to it we should all go out and do something.

Happy (almost) birthday, dude!