Sunday, September 7, 2008

[9-07-08] Good to be Home

[2:47pm]
     With my sister's cold long gone and my WBC rising, I have now been given permission to return to home base. It's a good feeling. I've really missed my family... and my desktop. :P

     Tomorrow is the second Stanford appointment! Starting at 10am, I sign the consent form and hopefully get things under way. They also requested my Pet/CT CD, which I took a peek at...

     I thought the CD would be full of weird and inaccessible medical mumbo jumbo, but it was quite user friendly. Just plug in the CD, then it installs the software and loads your personal profile. There are cross-sections of your body on the left, and a vertical 3d representation of yourself on the right. I'll post some images sometime later.
     Anyhow, the tumor *is* large. And by looking at the cross-sections on the left, I can see the high-activity parts of the tumor. Interesting to note, however, that some non-cancer regions of my body have about the same activity. Also interesting is that the tumor itself is cone-shaped, not solid. It looks kinda like a coffee mug, and the regions of activity are along the edges of the coffee-mug, not the center.

     Anyhow, I just got home. So I'm going to get more settled in. More later.

No comments: