Wednesday, December 31, 2008

[12-31-08] Return

[1:02pm]
     Ah, yes. Michigan was good!

     The trip there was quite an ordeal: Two flights delayed 3 hours each made for a travel time of about 12 hours. I was in the middle of a crowded airport, waiting for a flight, with sick people among us -- I smile to think what the nurses/doctors in Stanford would say to that.
     Basically, I expected to get sick during some point of this trip... cold weather, snow, airplane travel, travel strain. But I didn't (other than a few sniffles)!

     And I got to meet Liz's family for the first time! Great people -- I really felt welcome and enjoyed their company. Plus, Liz's mom really put together an amazing amount of excellent food! Real Christmas dinners! I'm not used to the whole sha-bang.

     It wasn't as nearly as cold as I thought it would be, but there was snow. A white Christmas, indeed. But, it's good to be back. Time to unwind.

     I also had an appointment with my local oncologist today -- nothing new, or anything -- just scheduling a Pet-CT scan and referral to my radiation oncologist. Nice to not have to waste a whole day for a 20 minute appointment.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Austin

Happy New Year to you and Liz. May 2009 be a healthy and happy year for both of you.

I hope your Stanford docs don't read your blog. Hah!

Veronica said...

A Happy New Year to you and your family, Austin.......here's hoping that 2009 brings all things good!

Glad you had a great time in Michigan - good to hear you were spoilled! :0)

Sounds like you're pretty strong, physically, considering all you've been through - about ready for the next round of treatment!!!!

Enjoy 2009.........Vx

Adva Ahava said...

Happy New Year to you, Liz, and the family. *hugs*

Veronica said...

Hey - just checking in. Missing your updates, but hoping that the lack of them is because you're out there living life to the fullest :0)

Skymist said...

Austin just called me, reporting that the PET-scan shows no active cancer, so he is officially in remission! This is great news, and we are all very happy.